Olympians to Celebrate Kids Play International
Roth Stock Digital Media is extremely pleased to announce our selection to provide the official photographer for this occasion.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Sahar Milani
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (April 4, 2013) — Kids Play International is holding its 4th annual Cocktails for a Cause on April 17 from 6 – 8:30 p.m. at Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach. Both summer and winter Olympians will be in attendance to celebrate this great cause, including Kids Play ambassadors April Ross (Silver- Beach Volleyball), Jaime Komer (Silver- Waterpolo), Erin Hamlin (2x Olympian- Luge), Angela Hucles (2x Gold- Soccer) and Anne Poulin (Soccer), as well as Landon Donovan (Soccer), Pam Shriver (Tennis), Jen Kessy (Silver- Beach Volleyball), Tasha Danver (Track and Field), and Katherine Starr (2x Olympian-Swimming).
“I am thrilled to have so many incredible Olympians coming to support Kids Play, these athletes inspire others through their best practices and positive lifestyle said Tracy Evans, Kids Play founder. A three-time Olympian, Evans competed in the 1994, 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics, and in 2002, earned the title of 2002 U.S. National Champion.
Kids Play uses sports to promote gender equity in countries impacted by genocide and more specifically on educating and empowering girls. Cocktails for a Cause is raising money to improve and more fully develop its programs in the rural area of Gatagara, Rwanda.
For more information on the event, set up interviews with the athletes or for sponsorship information, please contact Sahar Milani at Sahar@milanimedia.com.
About Kids Play International
Kids Play is passionate about using sport to promote gender equity in countries impacted by genocide and more specifically on educating and empowering girls. The current program site is in the rural area of Gatagara, Rwanda and Kids Play is working over the next year on expanding our curriculum on the ground and increasing overall impact through the Let’s Play! and Girls Dream Big empowerment programs. Let’s Play! uses sport to teach children life lessons that can be used on and off the playing field. Our Girls, Dream Big! program will help to empower and provide tools and support to help girls succeed in school and to become champions in life. Kids Play was founded in 2008 after a volunteer trip Tracy Evans took to Africa.
- Photos Courtesy of Kids Play International.
Kids Play International Ambassadors:
- April Ross – 2012 Silver Medalist, Beach Volleyball
- Jaime Komer – 2008 Silver Medalist, Water Polo
- Angela Hucles – 2x Gold Medalist, Soccer
- Erin Hamlin – 2x Olympian and 2014 Sochi Olympic Hopeful, Luge
- Anne Poulin – Former Professional Soccer Player
Other Olympians/Athletes in Attendance:
- Landon Donovan – LA Galaxy, Soccer Icon, 2000 Olympian
- Jen Kessy- 2012 Silver Medalist, Beach Volleyball
- Pam Shriver – Tennis Icon
- Tasha Danvers – Bronze Medalist – Track & Field
- Katherine Starr – 2x Olympian, Swimming
- Cathy Marino – 2 Time Olympian, Kayaking
- Curt Bader – 3 x Olympian – ’88, ’92, ’94 Kayaking
- Curt Onalfo – Olympian, Soccer
- Elsie Windes-Wenger – Gold/Silver Medalist, Water Polo